Sunday, September 9, 2007

Well, Hello!

Well, here we go!

I have joined the legions of bloggers and no one (at this point) has a clue. Well, I have one friend who has a clue, I told her today I was thinking about doing this and had for some time. She officially gave me permission, and here I am. She just recently started blogging too and I guess I felt I'd be doing that whole - "oooh, I want to do that too! Maybe then I will be as cool as you!" the thing is, I've thought of doing this for awhile, but haven't because I don't think mine will be as good as "yours" or that no one will ever see it. Isn't that what it boils down to? We feel like someone will notice us and we will die of embarrasment, or no one will notice us at all. Hmm.

A little bio:

I am a hair stylist, or, as I like to put it: I'm a sculptress. My medium is hair. I take my job very seriously, love it and quite frankly, am good at it.
I'm an artist on different levels. Hair, photography, acting, painting, decorating, sewing, knitting gardening, television production, voice overs, and now, writing.....if it is creative, I'm interested. I'm stonger in some of those areas than others.
I love to read and am a voracious reader. I'm trying to "broaden the scope of my horizons" as Ann of Green Gables would say and not just read the books I'm automatically drawn to.
I also have a magazine fetish. I have a friend who gives me her mags and I'm in heaven. I'm especially fond of design mags and decorating mags. My favorite design mag is Dwell and my favorite decorating mag is Domino.
I've been working out since the first of the year. I started running. Not my favorite thing. I've always told my husband when something started chasing me, I would start running. I woke up one day and a significant birthday ending in 0 starting chasing me. ;) So, I started running. I really don't like it, but I look for motivation where I can find it. I did something I said I would not do...(do you see a trend here?) I joined the gym. Aaargh! Well, I figured running wasn't working all my muscles and I was getting bored, so this mixes it up a little. I'm not an excercise maniac, but at least I'm doing it regularly.

Well now, that wasn't so hard...
Maybe I'll come back and write some more

1 comment:

InTheFastLane said...

I hope you enjoy blogging. It has been almost two years since I started and it is a great outlet and I have met a lot of great women and mom's.
thanks again for the complements on my blog.