Thursday, September 27, 2007

You Name It...

I couldn't think of a catchy title this morning, so...you name it! I just did a cooking experiment for breakfast. I have a recipe for making granola which involves the oven, cookie sheets and stirring every 10 min or so. I just can't gear it up for that, but I really wanted to do something to the muesli I put in my yogurt. (Flashbulb Over the Head) I put some muesli in a small saute pan with a little brown sugar and heated it stirring occasionally. I must say that I feel it worked beautifully BUT I highly reccomend non-stick spray because when the brown sugar melted and then cooled in the pan...it stuck but good. I topped fat free plain yogurt, sweetened with honey with my granola concoction. It is really good and much faster than the oven. Perfect for small, personal batches.
BTW, did you know that a pinch of salt removes bitterness in coffee? Just throw a pinch on the grounds right before you brew.

Well, the sun is pushing the moon out of the sky, firing it up for the day.
And so am I.

No comments: