Friday, April 25, 2008

Sidelined...Again

Ow.

Double Ow.

So, the good news is, I've been very faithful in writing down what I am eating. I'm eating the way I'm supposed to with lots of brightly colored veggies. I'm exercising, not that I can tell anything yet, but hope springs eternal.

So, I've been trying to incorporate more cardio into my routine. This morning, I went to Body Jam, which is a fun dance/cardio class at the gym. I've only been once before and really enjoyed the fact that I'm distracted by the fact that I'm actually exercising!

Today, I'm bouncing, jumping-really doing all sorts of moves that don't come naturally to me. After one particular jump, I landed on my foot sideways which landed me on the ground in one short second. After waiting for the initial ouch to wear off, I tenderly finished the class.
Three hours later....it hurts trememdously if I walk on it and slightly less so if I'm off it.

So, my dear ones. I'm off to gulp some ibuprofen, soak in a bath of lavender and epsom salts and ice this baby.

Crap. It's always something.

5 comments:

hepsmom said...

One's body will definitely betray one at times! Don't we know it?!?

Jenny said...

I hope by now you are feeling right as rain!

I'm trying to lose a few pounds, but seem to be at just the trying stage verses the doing stage!

Have a great weekend!

honeybea said...

Well, if you would stop half killing yourself to try and recapture the body of your youth......(coming from her slightly younger sister who just signed up at the ymca to lose some weight and become healthier and get bloodpressure down!)
heehee

Crystal Gable said...

Sounds like a sprain... hope the ice helps! Vitamin C helps inflamation.

LunaNik said...

Yikes! This is exactly why I've been working out in the comfort of my own home...so when I fall, no one is there to laugh at me ;)