Monday, April 28, 2008

What Kind of Mom Am I Anyway?

It rained all afternoon. I wasn't too keen on a certain someone indoors watching videos for hours on end, so I suggested we move the cars out of the carport so she could ride her tricycle. That was a Great! Idea! (Said with all the enthusiasm of Steve or --what's the new guy's name?--on Blue's Clues).

Well, as you can see, we decided to take a stroll in the rain. Using our umbrella, of course.
Which lead to this...notice that we've changed our pants at this point...they were a little wet.I'm not quite sure how it happened, but THOSE pants got wet, but we ended up looking like this!

Now, on our third costume change of the day, we dispense with the umbrella altogether and reap the benefits of the rain in our favorite digging spot.


We ended up staying outside for about 3 or 4 hours, playing all sorts of games in and out of the rain.
I'm so happy to see her exercise her imagination and tactile ablilities. I think you should not leave childhood without several good romps in the mud. If you've never done it...bless your heart, honey. You sure have missed out on one of life's greatest moments!

4 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

looks like you a great mom to me!

Jenny said...

Looks like my kind of fun! Messy!!

Jen

Jenny said...

Looks like my kind of fun! Messy!!

Jen

LunaNik said...

I love playing in the rain and fully intend on encouraging my kids to do the same. Great post!