Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What's That Smell?

So, I worked out this morning for the second day in a row.

Hurray me!

(The term "smug and self-satisfied" comes to mind about now.)

I amused myself by watching this big, bad macho guy pretend like he was working out. He'd go to a weight machine, look at it, sit down, think. then do like 2 reps. He repeated this stellar performance alternating back and forth between two different machines. Then, when I blinked, he'd left. I guess he felt he'd had a well rounded work out.

My workout consisted of stroking my ego because I was STILL working out.

When I finally decided that was enough for today (a scant hour later) I walked outside and someone, somewhere, was making biscuits and gravy. I suspect it was the home cookin' restaurant a block away. That smell ought to be illegal. Especially to someone who's worked out for an hour and is weak with hunger and high on endorphins. I cannot be responsible for my actions.

I shall, however, overcome and have flax seed pudding (yum) which is good for my heart and could patch a wall in a pinch.

Again, smug and self-satisfied.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Flax seed pudding, that sounds to good to be true!

I have a jar of flax seed from when I went through this phase of making my own face wash!

Jen

Crystal Gable said...

What is flax seed pudding? Very curious.