Friday, December 5, 2008

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World



I swore (again) that December would not be this way.




This year will be different. I'll plan ahead, not plan too much, and have a restful un-stressful Christmas season.




Yeah.




As the first weekend in December comes rushing towards me, I find myself scrambling to have my girl at a Dr.'s appointment I forgot I made (thank God I put it in my phone to alert me, otherwise...), frantically finding a babysitter for a choir concert I've been planning to attend for a couple of months that snuck up on me, and half-dreading Saturday which will be a whirlwind of activity as I work at the salon, thus missing my girl's gymnastic presentation, then getting ready (quickly) to drive an hour for the salon's Christmas party that evening. (Gotta double check about THAT babysitter, too.)




Furthermore...




The girl's at the salon want to "dress up".




I am not a grown up person and therefore do not own dress-up clothes.




I could wear my tu-tu, striped scarf and army boots, but somehow I don't think that's what they mean.




Darn. Cause that sounds really cute.




Unfortunately, I don't own any of those items either, so I have to go shopping either way.




Double darn.




I don't have time to go shopping and may actually have to shop from my own closet. It's my least favorite place to shop. The selection is terrible and the return policy is non- existent.




I've also been test driving cars. Well, I've driven two. I was going to drive a few more today, but I'm not sure I have time now.




Unless they'll let me run errands in it today. I could go get groceries in the Volvo XC90, and go shopping in the Nissan Murano.




I call it multi-tasking.

3 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

no matter how well I plan, this months always seems like a whirlwind. Good luck!

spidermomrootswriter said...

My sis and her husband are a 2-Volvo family. If you want a 1st hand testimonial, I'll tell you how to find her on Facebook.

Dapoppins said...

Oh girlfriend. I wish you lived near me. I would so totally TRADE a hair cut for my specialty on-call baby-sitting service!


I have weird stuff in my closet, but no stripped tights. I need some of those. And I have my prom dress from 1988...would that count?