Sunday, February 9, 2014

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

My big dilemma on Sunday is Sunday night supper. 

We attend church in the evening and the timing of it makes it too late to start supper, but it's to early to have supper before we go. We could have lunch leftovers, but we're not inclined to eat the same meal that close together. I know--Wah-wah-wah. Here's where the challenge of clean/no processed foods kills me. 

Although I cooked a good lunch, the thoughts of dredging up another meal for supper is more than I can bear; so I told my sweet man that we were having cookies for dinner. 

Nothing I say surprises him anymore.
 
Now, I'm not recommending that cookies as a main course is part of a balanced diet,* but if I could say a cookie was a relatively healthy option, this would be the one I would choose. 

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup almond butter
7 Tb butter
1/3 cup honey
1 lg egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake       Mix
1 - 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
Cream butter, almond butter, and honey. Add vanilla and egg; then baking mix. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. 
Drop by tablespoon onto parchment covered baking sheet. 
Bake approximately 12 minutes. 
Let cool slightly. If you can...

*disclaimer*
If having only cookies for supper is more than your over responsible brain can handle, accompany several cookies with a raw veggie of your choice.

No comments: